Economic Zone Trakia is one of the biggest economic projects in Bulgaria. It unites six economic zones in the region of Plovdiv. About 1 billion euro is invested till now in TEZ (Trakia Economic Zone). It has an area of 10 700 000 м² of which 3 250 000 м² is already occupied.
Since the establishment of first economic zone –Maritza near Plovdiv in 1995, there are more than 100(80 are foreign ) investors settled down their business with more than 12 000 working places.
Partners in TEZ are Sienit Holding (constructions of industrial zones) KCM Plovdiv(nonferrous metals production) and 9 municilalities.
Advantages of TEZ:
-Convenient geographical location – important railway arteries and European transport corridors linking Europe, Asia and Africa.
– Good Infrastructure – transport, electricity, gas, water, sewage, telecommunications.
– Individual administrative services of a specialized unit, accelerated procedures.
– Skilled workforce, 7 major universities and 2 colleges with engineering and humanities, more than 80 schools, language schools and vocational schools
– About 68,000 employed in manufacturing, 20,000 more engineers and machine operators in other industries
– The fastest growing industrial area in Bulgaria in the last 20 years
Industrial zones listed in TEZ
1. INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL ZONE “Maritza”
2. INDUSTRIAL ZONE “Rakovski”
3. INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL ZONE “PUPPET”
4. INDUSTRIAL ZONE AND HIGH TECHNOLOGY CENTER “chatter”
5. AGRO CENTER “KALOYANOVO”
6. PARK ‘EDUCATION AND HIGH TECHNOLOGY ”
Short terms of the first steps to complete factory
TEZ`s projects are implemented in the short term thanks to the finished complex planning, supporting the local municipal authorities and the team’s work area – specialists with over 15 years, experienced in construction of industrial, logistics, infrastructure, energy and retail outlets, including lawyers and mediators. The area offers complete manufacturing, logistics and commercial buildings.